Information about COVID-19
COVID-19 – We look after our visitors and employees
As DGB covers a very large area and offers visitors plenty of space, at a very early stage, the Danish authorities rated Den Gamle By a location, at which there is a very low risk of exposure to COVID-19.
It is a requirement of the authorities that all visitors over the age of 16 must present a Corona passport with documentation of vaccine, immunity or negative test that is less than 72 hours old if it is a corona quick test and 96 hours if it is a PCR test.
If your Corona passport is expired it is possible to take a Corona test at the reception. The price is 75 DKK it will take 10 minutes. Den Gamle By is not making profit on the tests. It´s only an extra service to our guests.
We naturally do our utmost to safeguard both you and our employees against infection, and we have therefore implemented precautionary measures in Den Gamle By.
- clear signposting of recommendations on appropriate conduct
- hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the museum
- Plexiglass screens in the shops
- increased cleaning frequency indoors and outdoors
- restrictions on the number of visitors at a time inside shops
- made it more likely that you will meet our role players in the streets rather than in the houses
Please observe the following:
- stay at home if you or anyone in your company show(s) even the slightest sign of being infected with corona virus
- cough or sneeze into your sleeve
- keep your distance from other visitors and the museum employees
- wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer during your museum visit
If we learn that a visitor has tested positive for COVID-19, we will examine the visitor's movements in the museum and trace close contacts as well as we can. If, during our mapping, we discover that there has been a high risk of infection, the people affected will be asked to take a COVID-19 test. For the same reason, we ask all our visitors and employees to download and use the "smitte|stop" app (Danish public health authorities' app to contain the spread of COVID-19).
If you have any questions about our precautionary measures, you are very welcome to contact the museum before your visit. By phone: +45 8612 3188 or by email: email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to a safe museum experience.