Information about COVID-19
COVID-19 – We look after our visitors and employees
As DGB covers a very large area and offers visitors plenty of space, at a very early stage, the Danish authorities rated Den Gamle By a location, at which there is a very low risk of exposure to COVID-19.
We naturally do our utmost to safeguard both you and our employees against infection, and we have therefore implemented precautionary measures in Den Gamle By.
- clear signposting of recommendations on appropriate conduct
- hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the museum
- Plexiglass screens in the shops
- increased cleaning frequency indoors and outdoors
- made it more likely that you will meet our role players in the streets rather than in the houses
Please observe the following:
- stay at home if you or anyone in your company show(s) even the slightest sign of being infected with corona virus
- cough or sneeze into your sleeve
- keep your distance from other visitors and the museum employees
- wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer during your museum visit
If we learn that a visitor has tested positive for COVID-19, we will examine the visitor's movements in the museum and trace close contacts as well as we can. If, during our mapping, we discover that there has been a high risk of infection, the people affected will be asked to take a COVID-19 test. For the same reason, we ask all our visitors and employees to download and use the "smitte|stop" app (Danish public health authorities' app to contain the spread of COVID-19).
If you have any questions about our precautionary measures, you are very welcome to contact the museum before your visit. By phone: +45 8612 3188 or by email: email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to a safe museum experience.